10 de agosto de 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's Quotes!

We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other
Paul Varjak: I love you.
Holly Golightly: So what.
Paul Varjak: So what? So plenty! I love you, you belong to me!
Holly Golightly: No. People don't belong to people.
Paul Varjak: Of course they do!
Holly Golightly: I'll never let anybody put me in a cage.
Paul Varjak: I don't want to put you in a cage, I want to love you!

You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels

I'll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead

I've got to do something about the way I look. I mean a girl just can't go to Sing Sing with a green face

Did I tell you how divinely and utterly happy I am?

It's better to look at the sky than live there. Such an empty place; so vague. Just a country where the thunder goes and things disappear.

Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.

You musn't give your heart to a wild thing. The more you do, the stronger they get, until they're strong enough to run into the woods or fly into a tree. And then to a higher tree and then to the sky.

If we're going to be friends let's get one thing straight right now. I hate snoops!

I don't think I've ever drunk champagne before breakfast before. With breakfast on several occasions, but never before, before

Promise me one thing: don't take me home until I'm drunk - very drunk indeed.

And I always heard people in New York never get to know their neighbors.

Holly Golightly: He's all right! Aren't you, cat? Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's.
Paul Varjak: Tiffany's? You mean the jewelry store.
Holly Golightly: That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's!

A girl can't read that sort of thing without her lipstick  

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario