8 de febrero de 2011

Darren Aronofsky ♥


I couldn't sleep one night and I was sitting in my office 
and I realized that I was an independent filmmaker.

I'm Godless. 
I've had to make my God, and my God is narrative filmmaking

When I go to movies I generally want to be taken to another world.

I try to live my life where I end up at a point where I have no regrets.
So I try to choose the road that I have the most passion on 
because then you can never really blame yourself
 for making the wrong choices. 
You can always say you're following your passion.

As filmmakers, we can show where a person's mind goes
as opposed to theater, which is more to sit back and watch it.

I have a hard time doing two things at once

I only want to work with actors that really get it and make it work. 
I didn't want it to be a star-driven thing anymore.

Comic books and graphic novels are a great medium.
 It's incredibly underused

To me, watching a movie is like going to an amusement park. 
My worst fear is making a film that people don`t think is a good ride

I'll take different threads from different ideas and 
weave a carpet of cool ideas together

Every story has its own film grammar, so you have to sort of figure out 
what the story is about and then figure out what each scene is about, 
and then that tells you where to put the camera

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario