15 de enero de 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife Quotes

I love. I have loved. I will love

When the woman you live with is an artist, every day is a surprise


Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?

There is only one page left to write on. I will fill it with words of only one syllable. I love. I have loved. I will love

It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing



I go to sleep alone, and wake up alone. I take walks, I work until I'm tired. I watch the wind play with the trash that's been under the snow all winter. Everything seems simple until you think about it. Why is love intensified by abscence?


It's hard being left behind. It's hard to be the one who stays


Maybe I'm dreaming you. Maybe you're dreaming me; maybe we only exist in each other's dreams and every morning when we wake up we forget all about each other


I wanted someone to love who would stay: stay and be there, always


Time is priceless, but it’s Free. You can't own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can't keep it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.


But you make me happy. It's living up to being happy that's the difficult part.


Chaos is more freedom; in fact, total freedom. But no meaning. I want to be free to act, and I also want my actions to mean something.


I'm sorry. I didn't know you were coming or I'd have cleaned up a little more. My life, I mean, not just the apartment


Love the world and yourself in it, move through it as though it offers no resistance, as though the world is your natural element.


Do you ever miss him?
Every day. Every minute.
Every minute, she says.
Yes, it's that way, isn't it?


Sometimes I'm happy when he's gone, but I'm always happy when he returns


You're the oddest person I've ever met, you couldn't get rid of me if you tried


When you live with a woman you learn something every day. So far I have learned that long hair will clog up the shower drain befor you can say "Liquid-Plumr"; that it is not advisable to clip something out of the newspaper before your wife has read it, even if the newspaper in question is a week old; that I am the only person in our two-person household who can eat the same thing for dinner three nights in a row without pouting; and that headphones were invented to preserve spouses from each other's musical excesses.


Listen, sometimes when you finally find out, you realize that you were much better off not knowing


What is more basic than the need to be known? It is the entirety of intimacy, the elixir of love, this knowing

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario